I am always thankful that Allah swt sent me to this country. I learnt a lot about life here and it teaches me to look things in different perspectives. There is a saying “Some non-Muslim countries are more Islamic than Muslims countries” and I guess it is true for United States. Most people I’ve met here are very nice, honest, have good time management, respect other people especially the elderly, women and kids, fair etc etc..and I guess everyone who’s ever been here will agree with me that American’s parenting style is one of the best.
I think the social problems we have today in our society rooted from the destruction of family institution. People are busy with the world and they forget that the ummah needs them..and one of the best ways I could think to help our ummah today is to improve the family institution to apply Islamic values and principles.
Yesterday, Ummi’s Arabic professor invited us to have lunch at her apartment. She and her husband are both working and they have 3 children. I was very amazed on how she manages to be a mom, works as a professor, and at the same time makes researches and thesis(since she’s taking Ph.D).
“Do you think I can do this alone??? No no..both my mother and my mother in law will come here and stay with me for 6 months to take care of the kids. In the morning, Mirna and Malak go to preschool and my husband will take care of Muhammad, and when I get home he will go to work since he’s also doing researches and I’ll take care of the kids. ” Well I don’t expect that answer but I realized it is not easy to be a mother when we have other commitments and it’s very important for husband and wife to have tolerance and understanding of each other.
“I really don’t recommend you to do this; it’s very hard and tiring. You still have time to think so think about it deeply. Figure out something you can do and at the same time have time to spend for the kids. I only take 10 days off for this break and I have to finish my thesis by this January. ”
Fuh……being a woman is not easy. First, you have to be the best servant of God, then be a good daughter to your parents and good wife to husband, also you have to be good mom for your kids. Oh well….there are still a lot of things Ummi needs to learn.
Oklah Ummi kena sambung study..abaikan keteraburan bahasa dan keskemaan topik..
Akhir kata dari ummi…
Kids, let’s try our best to be the best Muslim family!
![]() |
| My Arabic professor, Miss Eman. |



0 comments:
Post a Comment