Lia, why do you cover your hair?
"Do you mean, this hijab?Well, it is because Allah told me so."
How did Allah tell you?
"Actually He did! In the Quran, it is stated that Moslem women have to cover themselves in front of the men they can theoretically marry"
But how about men? Why they are not required to cover themselves like women?
"Men have their own dress code. They have to cover themselves at least from the navel to the knees. What makes the dress code of men differs from women? The answer is easy. Will you give your son and daughter the same type of dress?
Ok. But why hijab? I couldn't see any benefits from it.
Haha, you have to wear it first to know its benefit. Have you ever think why nuns cover their hair too? For me, wearing this hijab is a sign of submission. and yes it is beneficial, this hijab is like an identity to me. You know I'm a Moslem because Im wearing a hijab. You know I don't drink alcohol and I don't go to clubs. I make new friends easily too. For example, you! You come to me and ask me a lot of things because I'm so different from other girls here. When I walk in the street and see other Muslims, they will smile and greet me although we don't know each other. And the other good thing is guys don't stare at me. This hijab is like a protection to me.
I prefer to believe that you wear hijab just because you don't want your parents to be upset or it is just because everyone lives around you wear it.
"Haha Alex! I'm here in United States and my parents back home never know what I do here."
For me, hijab is kinda traditional.
"If covering the body and hair is traditional, then I can say, today's type of fashions are just similar to the fashions during the Stone Age era where people wear clothes just to cover their intimate parts." How's that sounds?
...
We can never satisfy people, but we can always try our best to explain. =)


0 comments:
Post a Comment